|Exhibition > Introduction 2/5|
The special attraction of the exhibition now closed lied in the variety of the exhibits:
There was the church bell of Frankenmuth, Michigan, that immigrants from the area of Neuendettelsau in Franconia brought with them from their home church in 1845. The bell was recasted for the exhibition. In August 2005 the bell was sent to Tansania as a donation of Dr. Horst Becker from Neuendettelsau and Ms Judy Zehnder Keller from Frankenmuth who sponsored the bell founding.
Two skilful tin-plate signs reminded of the emigrants from swabian Krumbach who sought their fortune as Golddiggers. Now the tin-plates are back in Krumbach museum.
|‹ previous next ›|